Polling for 70 seats within the second and remaining section of Chhattisgarh Meeting Elections shall be held on Friday.
The ruling Congress asserts its anticipation of securing over 75 seats out of the whole 90 within the present election, whereas the BJP goals to stage a comeback within the state it ruled constantly for 15 years from 2003 to 2018. Out of the 70 Meeting segments, 44 are designated as normal, 17 for Scheduled Tribes, and 9 for Scheduled Caste.
Chhattisgarh Chief Electoral Officer Reena Babasaheb Kangale talking at a press convention mentioned on Thursday, “The second section of voting for Chhattisgarh legislative meeting shall be held tomorrow. Within the second section, voting shall be carried out on round 70 legislative meeting areas in 22 districts. The time for voting for all 70 legislative assemblies shall be 8am to 5pm.”
Voting hours for all 70 constituencies are scheduled from 8 am to five pm, except 9 polling cubicles within the Naxal-affected Bindranawagarh seat in Rajim district. On this particular space, voting will happen from 7 am to three pm. The polling cubicles affected by Naxal presence and topic to the adjusted timeframe embrace Kamarbhaudi, Amamora, Odh, Bade Gobra, Ganwargaon, Gariba, Nagesh, Sahbinkachhar, and Kodomali.
Election officers report a complete of 958 candidates, comprising 827 males, 130 ladies, and one transgender particular person, vying for victory throughout 70 constituencies spanning 22 districts. The citizens for the second section of the two-phased polls to the 90-member meeting is 1,63,14,479 voters. Among the many candidates, each the BJP and Congress every have 70, whereas the Aam Aadmi Get together (AAP) has 44, Janata Congress Chhattisgarh (J) has 62, and Hamar Raj Get together has 33 contenders within the fray for the second section. Moreover, the Bahujan Samaj Get together and Gondvana Gantantra Get together are working in alliance, fielding 43 and 26 candidates, respectively.
Listed below are the important thing constituencies and candidates within the second section:
- Raipur Metropolis West is the constituency with the very best variety of candidates — 26 contestants.
- Patan, a distinguished seat with Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel contesting and BJP has fielded his distant nephew and social gathering MP Vijay Baghel. Janata Congress Chhattisgarh (J) has fielded the state president and son of former chief minister Ajit Jogi, Amit Jogi.
- Ambikapur is one other important the place Congress has fielded deputy chief minister TS Singh Deo. BJP has fielded Rajesh Agrawal, who stop Congress forward of the 2018 Meeting elections.
- Sakti is a constituency the place Meeting Speaker Charan Das Mahant has been fielded by the Congress social gathering.
- Congress has fielded its ministers — Tamradhwaj Sahu from Durg Rural, Ravindra Choubey from Saja, Jai Singh Agrawal from Korba, Umesh Patel from Kharsia, Kawasi Lakhma from Konta, Shiv Kumar Daharia from Arang, and Amarjeet Singh Bhagat from Sitapur.
- BJP’s State Unit Chief Arun Sao has been fielded from Lormi, Chief of Opposition Narayan Chandel from Janjgir-Champa, Union Minister Renuka Singh from Bharatpur-Sonhat-ST and MP Gomti Sai from Pathalgaon-ST.
- BJP has additionally fielded former ministers Brijmohan Agrawal from Raipur South, Ajay Chandrakar from Kurud, and Punnulal Mohile from Mungeli.